Big Tech Harms Homeland Security – Twitter Blocks Border Patrol Chief

U.S. Government via Wikimedia Commons

Help President Trump Stop Joe Biden [ACT NOW]

ANALYSIS – When could Americans ever imagine that a social media tech firm would block the account of the nation’s Border Patrol Chief over official tweets touting the achievements of its law enforcement agency in protecting Americans? Well, after blocking the President of the United States over political speech, anything is possible.

But imagine no further, America’s Border Patrol Chief Mark Morgan had his Twitter account locked by anonymous, unelected tech weenies at Twitter. The crime? Allegedly violating the platform’s rules governing “hateful conduct” after the commissioner attempted to tweet about the security benefits created by the border wall.

Screenshots of the “criminal” tweet were provided to The Federalist.

Regarding his Tweet about the wall that provoked the ban, Morgan told The Federalist, “every mile helps us stop gang members, murderers, and pedophiles from entering our country. It’s just a fact.”

Twitter used this “hateful conduct” policy to justify its blocking of Morgan’s account:

You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease,

However, it is clear the Border Chief did no such thing, and Twitter is now even more openly in the Leftist political speech censorship game.

As The Federalist noted:

Those who illegally enter the United States are of many different ethnicities and foreign nationalities, including people who travel from other continents to South America to take advantage of southern border human smuggling routes.

After loud protests, Twitter reversed its block on Morgan. But to make the initial censorship more egregious, Twitter still refuses to block “hateful conduct” posts from Iran’s Ayatollah Khamenei calling for the destruction of Israel.

See tweets of his posts here.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey shamelessly claimed at the recent Senate hearing that the Iranian leader’s posts didn’t violate company guideline, saying:

We did not find those to violate our terms of service because we considered them ‘saber rattling,’ which is part of the speech of world leaders in concert with other countries.

Calling for the destruction of an entire country is ok, meanwhile, President Trump, The Federalist notes, has been censored “for merely threatening to send in the National Guard to quell the violent riots sweeping the country in May.” Twitter ridiculously called Trump’s Tweets “glorifying violence.”

So, now we have Big Tech hampering Homeland Security efforts to inform the American people of the benefits of its policies to protect them from criminals, drug smugglers, and terrorists.

It is time to stop the insanity. As Senator Ted Cruz told Dorsey at the hearing – “Who the hell elected you?” It is time to reign in Big Tech.

Help President Trump Stop Joe Biden [ACT NOW]

Paul Crespo

Paul Crespo is the Managing Editor of American Defense News. A defense and national security expert, he served as a Marine Corps officer and as a military attaché with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) at US embassies worldwide. Paul holds degrees from Georgetown, London, and Cambridge Universities. He is also CEO of SPECTRE Global Risk, a security advisory firm, and President of the Center for American Defense Studies, a national security think tank.

Notify of
guest
18 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Mark
Mark
8 months ago

Twatter and Farce Book need to be shut down for good.

Josephine Lara
Josephine Lara
Reply to  Mark

One of them as it was reported and taken down quickly has many chinse working and doing much to the comments they do not like. It was the one in Washington. ARE THEY LEGAL?

Sandy
8 months ago

Don’t need twitter and face book shot them down. We don’t need them to censor people’s opinions.

james
james
8 months ago

Take the little weenie techies to the border, toss there asses over the fence, and watch what happens when the Cartels show up. Technoids will be screaming for the Border Patrol to save them. The nation could learn something from a social experiment such as this. OK, who do we contact to get the ball rolling. I can’t wait. jwstx

valdez
8 months ago

Thous of you who use and subscribe to any social media account are supporting social medias control over you and our culture. It is bad enough that we have socialist communist elitist subverting our government and culture; we pay these enities for the privilige of controling us. Why not just commit suiside and be done with life.

uncle_buck ofama
uncle_buck ofama
8 months ago

More and more I’m thinking that the United States needs to intervene in the actions of these social media networks. Who the Hell do they think they are?

The way I read the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, and I quote: ‘Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances’.

So, Congress can’t write laws that limit our God-given right of freedom of speech, but social media can? Somebody needs to take these guys out to the Wood Shed.

Lisa
Lisa
8 months ago

I have never had Facebook or Twitter and never will. I wouldn’t allow someone to decide what I can and can’t say. If all the people who complain about them would just delete their accounts you would get their attention, they’re already telling you they don’t care what you think. I figure if I haven’t talked to you in 20 years there’s probably a good reason for it.

Scotty
Scotty
Reply to  Lisa

I don’t either, I have always valued my privacy and don’t care what liberals think.

Elizabeth Naples
Elizabeth Naples
Reply to  Lisa

Omg, Lisa you are so right on, I tried to join twitter but it keeps telling me my email is wrong, hello. I know my own email n password. Geesh, I do like to reply to certain comments and sometimes they get through n sometimes not. As soon as this election is over n done I plan to stop using twitter and face book. I’ll let my personal friends know they can call me or drop by. Although I think I will miss swapping tails with ppl I don’t know haha. Have a great day and a Happy Fall, 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

L Carter
L Carter
8 months ago

It is past time users of Twitter an Facebook go to other sites like Parler and GAB. Investors who have investments in Twitter and Facebook need to sell. Drive their stocks down. Make those arrogant B******s paupers.

Elizabeth Naples
Elizabeth Naples
Reply to  L Carter

L Carter, I’ve never heard of Parler and Gab, Are they just like Twitter n fb? How can I find them ,do we have to pay for them? I will try to see if I can find them ,thanks for letting ppl know there are other choices out there. Have a HAPPY FALL🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸👍

bo navajo
bo navajo
8 months ago

time to saddle up them horses and ride.

Gene Ralno
Gene Ralno
8 months ago

Time to bust the trust. Bluntly, Twitter, Facebook and Google have not identified clearly definable entries, even in the comment section, that would trigger any kind of censorship. Seems Google is offended by one or more political positions and is moving to stifle advertising whenever content offends its ideological goals. Briefly, they want conservatives to shut their collective mouth. As a practical matter, they may find that such censorship offends at least half the nation.

Through their respective platforms, they can totally silence lesser entities because they’re privately owned companies. But every action has consequences. Currently, they enjoy immunity from being sued for erroneous or libelous content because they claim they allow free and open dialog. But it seems they’ve begun to control the content and now must be responsible for it. Time to strip their respective immunities and let the lawsuits begin.

They cannot have it both ways and the judiciary may rule on the issue sooner than later. Seems about time for AG Barr to assemble his best attorneys and charge these socialist geniuses with gross violation of anti-trust laws. I’m speaking of those with big laptops who seized our nation: Zuckerberg, Dorsey, Bezos and a host of smaller socialists. They’ve shown clear propensities to stifle the public’s political will.

With a powerful bias never before seen on this earth, they dissuade children (18-38) from conservative principles and pummel the same group with socialist propaganda. They want what King George wanted but they’re much more effective, intellectually and technologically. If they control the content, they need competitors, the very reason for anti-trust laws. Rich tyrants should not dominate free people any more than kings.

A monopoly is defined as an entity that has exclusive control over a good or service in a particular market but not all monopolies are illegal. For example, a business might legally dominate a market if it produces a superior product or is well managed. Antitrust law doesn’t penalize successful companies just for being successful. Competitors may be at a legitimate disadvantage if their product or service is inferior to the monopolist’s.

Anti-trust law is an area with which most kids aren’t familiar because the last big brouhaha was divestment of the Bell System in ’82. But monopolies are illegal if they are established or maintained through improper conduct, such as exclusionary or predatory acts. This is known as “anticompetitive monopolization.” They should be as offended by this dictatorial practice as the grownups.

Elizabeth Naples
Elizabeth Naples
8 months ago

Omg, it’s getting pretty bad when a leader of someone controlling to secure our Borders can’t let me a concerned Citizen know how his security details are helping to save me and others from yes criminals, drug and human traffickers, and illegal aliens that just want free stuff. This really pisses me off and maybe it’s time we the ppl just stop texting on Twitter n fb and go back to calling ppl or talking in person. This should go viral so all the concerned Citizens know Twitter is blocking us from getting vital information about what’s going on at our Borders. I bet that would piss them off. Wow, so sad this even is happening in our FREE COUNTRY. THIS PEOPLE IS WHY YOU MUST VOTE FOR TRUMP/ PENCE, BIDEN WILL CANCEL OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AND ALL OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH WILL BE GONE. THEN FOR SURE THERE WOULD BE NO NEED TO TEXT AT ALL. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER TWITTER WOULD BE DESTROYED ALONG WITH NO FREE SPEECH HAHA. Just my opinion. Happy Fall 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃👍🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

jdavid
jdavid
8 months ago

Sounds like some ought to “rattle a sabre” upside of Dorsey’s head to give him an attitude adjustment.

jim simpson
jim simpson

Death to Twitter

trackback

[…] I noted in an earlier piece on how Big Tech censorship harms homeland security, I explained […]

trackback