Biden Needs to Reign in His ‘Woke’ Out-of-Control Pentagon Attack Team

OPINION As I wrote earlier, the Pentagon launched a massive counter strike this weekend, not against any foreign enemies threatening America daily, but against a TV news commentator – Tucker Carlson. His crime, criticizing the U.S. military’s new found love of leftist ‘woke’ identity politics. Specifically, women’s grooming and uniform standards, including flight suits for pregnant service members.

The outrageously politicized onslaught against Tucker by our nation’s military establishment was severe and personally directed against the Fox News pundit.

Many are asking if these senior Pentagon and service leaders would have fired these unprecedented public salvos against an American opinion journalist without direction from the White House, or without at least tacit promise of ‘air cover,’ from Team Biden. Many of their numerous attacks were described and quoted in my prior piece.

One of the worst offenders, not included, was sadly my own service, the U.S. Marine Corps.

As reported by The Blaze, II Marine Expeditionary Force Information Group publicly blasted Carlson from its official government account:

“What it looks like in today’s armed forces @TuckerCarlson,” the Marine group tweeted along with a picture of a female Marine carrying another Marine. “Get right before you get left, boomer,” the account mocked.

When one person asked the Marine group to “please focus on China and not Tucker Carlson,” the Marine group fired back, “Come back when you’ve served and been pregnant.”

This bizarre and unethical response from the II MEF Information Group, along with the politicized and unprofessional responses from other senior military brass, was widely condemned as conduct unbecoming for American service members. Worse still it is unacceptable from a professional military force in a democracy under strict civilian control.

The Blaze highlighted several angry responses to II MEF’s broadsides against Tucker, primarily from GOP leaders, Marines, and other veterans:

• “Unconscionable that active-duty military members – in uniform and from official military social media platforms – have leveled personal political attacks on a media figure. This is no longer the same military my grandfather, my father, my uncles, my brothers and I served,” Rep. Rick Crawford (R-Ark.), an Army veteran, said.
  • “With US Marines tweeting partisan views on Govt accounts — and keeping their jobs all the while — we’ve crossed a red line. The Republic will not stand long when our military, intelligence, & law enforcement become political tools. We are in desperate trouble,” Bryan Dean Wright, a former CIA ops officer, said.
  • “Please focus on China and not Tucker,” Joey Jones, a retired Marine, said.
  • “These political tweets to a civilian from official accounts, one from a senior enlisted in official uniform at official command are absolutely unacceptable & appalling. Marines need to be held accountable & there needs to be a @USMC wide message against this. @CMC_MarineCorps,” Former Navy SEAL and Rep. Scott Taylor (R-Va.) said.
  • “As a female Marine that [sic] served in II MEF, this attack on a reporter’s free speech from an official account is completely unacceptable,” Michele Perez Exner, who works for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, said.

Republican Senator Ted Cruz of Texas immediately reacted, calling out President Joe Biden, and other senior Pentagon leaders, and demanding a meeting with the Commandant of the Marine Corps, David H. Berger, via the Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, over these highly inappropriate political statements.

Cruz tweeted his concerns about how Team Biden appear to be weaponizing his military leaders in a partisan political war against any opposition, including TV opinion journalists:

Under Biden, the military is launching political attacks to intimidate Tucker Carlson & other civilians who criticize their policy decisions. Officials in uniform are being used for the campaign. I’ve demanded a meeting with the Commandant of the USMC to put a stop to it.

In his attached letter, Cruz noted that no matter one’s views on identity politics or Tucker’s specific comments, the military should never be involving itself in political controversy or appearing to take a side. Both Cruz and I are also deeply troubled that some active military members were suggesting that Americans couldn’t criticize the military unless they had served.

Ultimately, said Cruz:

This spectacle risks politicizing the military after several centuries of efforts to keep military officials out of domestic affairs, undermining civil-military relations by having the military take a side in a contentious cultural dispute, and the perception that military leaders are happily weaponizing the institution against political critics of the sitting administration. This kind of behavior, while perhaps typical in a military controlled Third World country, is completely unacceptable in the United States of America.

Whether President Biden, or his minions, directed the Pentagon brass to launch these outrageous attacks, or he simply created the climate where they felt they could, he needs to call off his Pentagon attack dogs. This is not what America’s military should not be doing to fellow Americans.

Paul Crespo

Paul Crespo is the Managing Editor of American Defense News. A defense and national security expert, he served as a Marine Corps officer and as a military attaché with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) at US embassies worldwide. Paul holds degrees from Georgetown, London, and Cambridge Universities. He is also CEO of SPECTRE Global Risk, a security advisory firm, and President of the Center for American Defense Studies, a national security think tank.

Notify of
guest
27 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
JDAVIS951
JDAVIS951
4 months ago

TIME TO DITCH BIDEN AND HARRIS!

WE THE PEOPLE (aka SILENT MAJORITY) had countless opportunities to have stopped this nightmare, but we chose to give the DEMOCRATS what they expected of us, to REMAIN SILENT! Thus, making us equally complicit in the fraud perpetrated against United States Americans!

Isn’t it time you actually did something, took action? How much more damage needs to be done?

I urge everyone who reads this to PICK UP THE PHONE and call your REP AND SENATORS in DC and DEMAND a COMPLETE AUDIT AND INVESTIGATION into the 2020 ELECTIONS and for the IMMEDIATE IMPEACHMENT OF BIDEN AND HARRIS.

BIDEN is completely UNFIT FOR OFFICE! And they both (BIDEN & HARRIS) have family members putting them both in a CONCLICT of interest position advertising and promoting their businesses and using their VP and POTUS both as an advertising self-interest, self-promoting position and it is ILLEGAL!

Then copy and paste this information into an E-Mail and send to friends and family asking them to make the calls, then forward on to their friends asking them to make the calls and forward on! WE NEED TO MAKE THIS GO VIRAL!

Members of the House
202-224-3841

Members of the Senate
202-224-3121

TOLL FREE:
866-272-6622

Keep in mind:  SILENCE = ACCEPTANCE

formermarine
4 months ago

They are not woke but they are broke as in Brains broke .

Nrr
Nrr

SandyT
SandyT
Reply to  Nrr

Obama got rid of most of the good generals, admirals and other top brass.

Huapakechi
Huapakechi
Reply to  Nrr

This started with carter. One of the reasons I left the Army when he was sworn in as I saw it coming.

Tom
Tom
4 months ago

The Biden administration is the disaster we all knew it would be. Biden has intentionally defied the oath he took to honor and defend our constitution and country.

WhiteFalcon
WhiteFalcon
4 months ago

Biden should be impeached for violation of oath of office and for un American activity comprising the safety and security of the nation.

Tom
Tom

Tom

Craig Murphy
Craig Murphy
4 months ago

Biden is prompting the evisceration and emasculation of the military. Why would he squelch these mouthpieces?

Nrr
Nrr
4 months ago

I’m Biden are you my husband are you my wife are you my dog who the hell are you??? I’m writing from the old folks home! Please tell me, am I the president????

but, but, but 80,000,000 + Americans voted for these frauds. (Biden and Kamala!) Where are they??? They seemed to have vanished into thin air or did they ever exist? Why don’t you see them all over the place like when they came out for President Trump? You be the judge! Hmmmmmm!

Gale Benton
Gale Benton
4 months ago

The military top Brass are too political now and a bunch ad ass kissers.

Bret
Bret
4 months ago

When I served in the US ARMY Special Forces Super Soldier Training Program, a top secret intertwining of Special Forces and the CIA to create Super Human Soldiers we knew there was such a thing as a Democrat Party but we widely ignored anything they had to say mainly because the Democrat party was nothing but liars and always have been! The absolute retardation of the very weak military of today is absolutely astounding, the military of the Desert Storm Era when I served would be telling biden you want the gays and transgenders in the military we’ll make you a deal we will allow them to train but their Barracks will be inside of your home!!!!!

russell remmert
russell remmert
Reply to  Bret

the Sargent’s should replace them

Bret
Bret
4 months ago

There were 2 men caught in a gay sex act while I served in the military they were marched to the rifle range q course and cut in half with a .50 Calibre Machine Gun! Staff Sergeant Palmer pulled the trigger!

Bret
Bret
4 months ago

This event happened in September of 1991, Fort Leonard Wood MO 65473! The leader of the US ARMY Special Forces Super Soldier Training Program was General Mccolaczek!

SandyT
SandyT
4 months ago

Queen Elizabeth has had a very long REIGN over Great Britain. Biden needs to REIN in his woke-out-of-control-pentagon…

Jjcj
Jjcj
4 months ago

Biden couldn’t reign in anyone , he doesn’t even know what’s going on and if he did at one time he’s forgotten.

oldedude
oldedude
4 months ago

Son of a WWII paratrooper. Father of an “Iraqi Freedom” paratrooper (a female, who HAS been pregnant) and a Vietnam Vet myself. Since I worked closely with, among others, Marine Corps LRRP’s (now “Marcons”) and hauled ’em around during my time with the Amphib Navy (and having undergone their training, as all regular Navy Officers were then obliged to do), perhaps I can speak on these matters without offending our Marine sergeant/PIO (or, I suppose, I could just give Tucker Carlson my “proxy”, which, btw, I offered him). Perhaps I will start by reminding him that it was the “Boomer” generation which won the Cold War, as it was also the one which created the Information/Technology economy which sustains the USA. We overcame multiple “energy crises” and turned the nation into the world’s greatest producer and one of its larger exporters of energy, less than 20 years after the Saudis were able to hold us hostage. One wonders what the “Baby Bust” and “Millennial” generation has achieved… Not much that I can discern, save to put into jeopardy all that the Greatest Generation and the Boomers created, a result they obtained without, seemingly, having acquired either grace, discretion, or manners. All I know is that this presumptuous PIO, had he spoken so in my day, would have been brought on charges for “conduct unbecoming”.

BoopyDoo
BoopyDoo
Reply to  oldedude

Reagan won the cold war and he was not from the Boomer generation. They benefited from him being president. If a Boomer had been president what is going on now would have happened then on steroids.

Timbuktu58
4 months ago

Biden watched “McHale’s Navy” a lot in his childhood.

Huapakechi
Huapakechi
4 months ago

When should we expect the creation of a “GRU” and political officers in every unit?

jdavidp
jdavidp
4 months ago

Not at all a surprise. With the National Guard guarding Nancy from being arrested, and apparently permanent barricades up around the people’s house in Washington, it is obvious that the Biden team (I don’t think he has the marbles left to lead it) is following Hitler/Marx playbooks. We can lament all we want, but obviously, everybody is too afraid to buck the system, so we in the “flyover country” had better be able to take our country and our liberty back at some point.

ABU TOM

KEEP THE COMMIES AWAY FROM THE ARMY. THIRD PARTY COMING. 3-2=1
SPIRIT OF AMERICA PARTY BOOK.

Nrr
Nrr
4 months ago

The military are becoming a bunch of pussies! And the generals are the leaders of this bullshit! Letting pregnant woman’s do the fighting! Just ask Biden!!! Vietnam veteran from 1968- 1970. BTW, no females were in my platoon!!

Terry Boyle
Terry Boyle
Reply to  Nrr

God bless you for your service. I was trying to be less confused about the war Graduation 1970. Draft no 285. Bless you for your courage.

Terry Boyle
Terry Boyle
4 months ago

Shame that Carlson is being put done by some of the most trusted men and women in the proudest people we have here in the US. God bless you all and please keep me safe, my children, grandchildren, and grandchildren. Houray

russell remmert
russell remmert
4 months ago

the last time I drove by the Pentagon i proudly showed my wife I do not plane on returning until the trash is removed

People, Places & Things