Biden CIA’s Woke Ad Ridiculed by All Sides – Compare it Here to Trump CIA’s Patriotic Ad

0Shares

The CIA’s new, absurdly lefty woke recruitment video has justifiably provoked a firestorm of criticism and ridicule from the right and the left. I wrote about it mockingly here, and the reaction was intense. Read my piece to see the original video and learn more about it.

Meanwhile, the UK’s left-leaning Guardian said of the ridiculous video:

“CIA forges unity in diversity: everybody hates their ‘woke’ recruitment ad.” The more left-leaning Vice said: “The CIA’s ‘Woke’ Ad Is An Absurd Psyop That’s Melting People’s Brains” And Fox News reported that Republicans called it simply an “embarrassment.”

The CIA even felt pressured to push back. Fox News reported:

The Central Intelligence Agency insisted in a statement Tuesday that the controversial ad has proven to be effective at helping attract candidates to the agency.

“2020 was a standout recruitment year for CIA despite the pandemic. Our 2021 incoming class is the third-largest in a decade,” the agency told Fox News.

However, this woke ad was just released a few weeks ago and had ZERO EFFECT on recruitment for the 2020 or the incoming 2021 class. It’s not tradecraft CIA, it’s simple math and chronology. Maybe thank Trump’s patriotic CIA ad for increased recruitment, not Biden’s woke CIA ad.

The CIA’s first-ever tv ad was released by Trump’s CIA in June 2020. Now THAT was an ad for the CIA.

Aimed at streaming platforms like Hulu, “the slick, advertising-agency-produced spot has the feel of clips from the television program ‘Homeland’ — with a dollop of patriotism,” wrote the New York Times.

NYT continues:

The new advertisement was written with heavy input by current C.I.A. officers. While it leaves aside the drudgery that is part of any job, former officials said the ad feels accurate in capturing some of the most exciting moments of spycraft.

Still, adds the NYT, the Trump CIA advertisement, which uses actors, not C.I.A. officers, puts a clear emphasis on diversity:

It portrays a black senior official addressing a class of new recruits and an African-American case officer doing a secret brush pass to hand off a thumb drive. Officers of East Asian and South Asian descent are also featured, as well as white employees.

But the diversity push doesn’t keep it from producing goosebumps in portraying real-world activities of the nation’s ‘premiere’ spy agency. The NYT notes:

There is an officer sitting at a desk and they say, ‘I think I found something.’ That gave me goosebumps,” said Lisa Maddox, a former C.I.A. analyst. “Because I had those moments, and almost everyone I know had them. When you feel you found that needle in a haystack, you are so excited. It is a cool moment.”

Now THAT is an ad for the CIA!

0Shares

Paul Crespo

Paul Crespo is the Managing Editor of American Defense News. A defense and national security expert, he served as a Marine Corps officer and as a military attaché with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) at US embassies worldwide. Paul holds degrees from Georgetown, London, and Cambridge Universities. He is also CEO of SPECTRE Global Risk, a security advisory firm, and President of the Center for American Defense Studies, a national security think tank.

Notify of
guest
9 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Leftshot
1 month ago

The ad during the Trump Administration was an ad that stressed intelligence, competence knowing the truth, and accomplishing something of great significance. The current ad under the Biden Administration is a neon sign that says, only fringe wacko leftists need apply.

THOMAS
1 month ago

Obviously the Buffoons people have contacted the Psychology Dept of Haaavaaaad to get the creepy lady that was “WOKE” … WE AS A NATION ARE IN VERY DEEP MANURE. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CONSULT PSYCOLOGISTS WHO CANNOT BELIEVE THIS NATION HAS COME THIS FAR WITHOUT THEIR STERLING ADVICE.
“HOW DO YOU FEEEL ABOU THAT??? DO YOU WANT RESOLUTION SO YOU CAN HAVE CLOSURE????? (CRAPYOLA)

Nancy Stefanski
Nancy Stefanski
1 month ago

The destruction of the US is priority one for the Biden Administration, and they may just be stupid enough to believe they can reconstruct it in some new way afterward. Such delusions of grandeur are also mirrored in the atheistic belief that millennia of human progress can be reconstructed in some perfect form after the institutions that developed that progress are dissolved. Bottom line-the Biden administration will strike at the heart of every American institution in order to kill the United States of America, and if you don’t believe it, you suffer from another delusion. Just my opinion.

Oh, and the CCP is happy to use the arrogance and naivete of this administration to conduct a not-so-covert war against us. Of course, the CCP is only exploiting ALL our flaws. I like how it’s awakening our patriotism. NOW HEAR THIS! NOW HEAR THIS! ALL HANDS ON DECK!

donald newman
donald newman
1 month ago

Maybe the CIA large class is just what they asked for. A bunch of left wing snow flakes. Lets talk after they pass the shooting range test.

D MacKAY
D MacKAY
1 month ago
Reply to  donald newman

The trump ad would have scared off Snowflakes. Snowflakes can’t Imagine treating the enemy like the enemy, that to them is so judgemental and so not PC.

StLouisSteve
StLouisSteve
1 month ago

As long as the harris/biden administration is successfully destroying this country, they might as well kill the intelligence (or lack thereof) community too. This ad is a great step in fulfilling that goal.
Buck Fiden

Kevin
Kevin
1 month ago

I’ve got a little “intersectionality” too:
I am everything that the Left hates:

1) Straight,
 2) White,
 3) Male,
 4) Christian,
 5) Gun-owner,
 6) Deer-hunter,
 7) NRA Life Member, who is also a
 8) Republican, and yes, I
 9) Voted for Donald Trump (MAGA!), and I am a
 10) NUCLEAR Engineer (Go Nuclear, NO “Green New Deal”!).
 11) Not only that, I drive a full-size Ford F-series truck!
   (and yes, with a V8 engine!).

Note that I “took it to 11!” (reference to: “This is Spinal Tap”)

Melia
Melia
1 month ago

When I think of the CIA I think of Benghazi. I remember that info provided by Israel is more trusted than that provided by the CIA. Obama began its decline and he’s hysterical with laughter over this final mail in its coffin .

trackback

[…] PENTAGON WATCH – ‘Pentagon woke’ strikes again – Not long after the Biden CIA was savaged for its warm and fuzzy woke ad “proudly showcasing an anxiety-ridden, leftist, intersectional, cisgender, millennial mom ‘officer,’” the U.S. Army has launched its newest ‘anime’ cartoon recruitment ad focused on a young woman with ‘two moms’ as the ‘freedom fighter’ the Army now needs most. I wrote about the earlier CIA ad here, and then compared it to the Trump CIA’s hard-hitting patriotic recruitment ad here. […]

People, Places & Things