Yevgeny Prigozhin, dubbed “Putin’s chef” due to his Kremlin catering contracts, allegedly admitted Monday that he had meddled in United States elections and would continue to do so in the future. Prigozhin, 12 Russian nationals, and three Russian corporations were charged with operating a covert social media campaign aimed at kicking the political hornet’s nest in America before the 2016 presidential election. Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted them in 2018 for “election interference.”
“We have interfered, are interfering and will continue to interfere. Carefully, precisely, surgically and in our own way,” Prigozhin said via remarks released by his spokespeople.
Fox News reports:
The Justice Department in 2020 moved to dismiss charges against two of the indicted firms, Concord Management and Consulting LLC and Concord Catering, saying they had concluded that a trial against a corporate defendant with no presence in the United States and no prospect of meaningful punishment even if convicted would likely expose sensitive law enforcement tools and techniques.
Prigozhin had denied involvement in election interference until now.
He also previously denied ties to the Wagner mercenary force, but in September, admitted to founding and financing it in 2014 and started speaking openly about its involvement in the war in Ukraine.
“He allegedly oversaw and approved their political and electoral interference operations in the United States which included the purchase of American computer server space, the creation of hundreds of fictitious online personas, and the use of stolen identities of persons from the United States,” the FBI said in a wanted poster back in March.
It should be noted that 45th President Trump and his allies have been completely acquitted of any knowledge, interaction, or benefiting from Russian meddling in United States elections.